SO I am.
I'm heading to Atlanta for a pageant in March. No, I'm not competing this time. I'm going to the US United Alabama / Georgia State Pageant as a Lifetime Queen.
As I booked my flight, I realized I had a layover in Orlando. That's always an issue with me because when I think Orlando, I tend to grow mouse ears and a bow. And that's exactly what happened. I booked a few days at Disney. On site, of course, because I've never quite grown up and I love the fantasy of the Disney resort hotels.
So, I'm over 50, Type 1 diabetic, and I'm traveling. During a worldwide pandemic. Am I crazy? Maybe, but to me, it makes sense. Here are my 8 reasons why:
- Disney is limiting crowds at the parks. In order to visit a park, you must have a reservation ahead of time. This limits the number of people coming in, and keeps social distancing easier to achieve.
- They clean often. This is Disney. Cleanliness is next to godliness. Do you remember the episode of Roseanne when the Cast Member with the broom followed Darlene around, and when she littered, he immediately swept it? That's EXACTLY how it's always been, and rumors have it that they are even more serious about cleaning now.
- Dining is also limited. It's just as difficult to get reservations now as it's ever been.
- You are required to wear masks. As in, you will leave if you don't. I have my creative ears on and I'm making some cute masks with my Cricut and Heat Transfer Vinyl!
- There are no self-fill stations. Have a refillable mug? A Cast Member fills it for you! Same goes for water refills in the parks. You hand over the cups and keep the lids, ,and the Cast Member will fill it with your drink of choice.
- Your 6' or 2m. distancing marks are VERY CLEARLY marked. You know EXACTLY where to socially distance stand while in line.
- You handle your own luggage on Magical Express. I don't know if that means I don't get the super cool yellow tags anymore, but I do know that *I* am in charge of my bags, so that makes me happy.